Saturday 25 April 2015

Do You Know?


...That house chores and spring cleaning are form of exercise.

You may not like doing house chores but believe it or not, dusting, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, making beds and carrying laundry etc all add up as physical activities. According to daily mail,  new research cla that dusting, vacuuming and mopping with gusto are as good for you as any session at the gym. Depending on your weight and how hard you work, you can burn up to 250 calories an hour doing household work.


So don't dread doing household work and to my #FitFam, it definitely supplement your other workouts and help you keep the weight off.


Anyways, Saturdays and Sundays are my rest days but I did some exercises this morning/afternoon.

Scrubbed all the bathrooms the Bree way (LOL)using brush & toothbrush to make every is spick n span.
Sweep, clean and mopped the entire house
Do the laundry, well the machine did but I spread them outdoor.

Yep, I sweated a bucket and burned lots of calories. 600cal!

I'm off to a party hope the DJ play good jams so that I can burn more....


Further reading suggestions
How house chores keep you shape
Shape up while you clean up
The housework workout

No comments:

Post a Comment