Friday 6 March 2015

Refuse To Regain




Today is one year I’ve been on this incredible weight-loss/weight-maintenance journey and I still continue to learn more about myself than I thought possible. I have met inspiring individuals – virtually and in real life – who inspire and motivate me to think positively, to accept myself at every moment I am in, and to see myself through different lens, one that does not focus weight always. I pinned my ears back. I implemented. Although I don’t weigh 110kg anymore a, which was crazy for me, I am still committed to leading a healthy lifestyle and watchful of the food I consume. I can stand in front of the mirror and say, “You look hot, Flo!”




Then I step out the door and sometimes it’s like the past 12 months never exist! There are lots of stuffs about me that I have learn to love and accept. There are several other stuffs that need to work on. And I am determined to work. Quit? While it hovers in my head, is not an option.

When I think back when I started my waisted journey, I don’t think I would reach the after so soon. I am now working on my flabs and I will get there! I am no more naïve about weight loss and I know it takes honesty and hard work. It wasn’t easy! I had set backs. There were several weight loss plateaus (I’m currently on one). Is it easier now that I am a loser? Nah!  I don’t think that quitting what worked to lose the weight and keep it off and expect not to gain weight back… so fitness continua!

Don’t take it as the negative side. Think the positive, the health aspect. Sure I would love to eat a whole pizza, two plates of nkwobi with palm wine and roasted yam with ugba sauce full of palm oil, and  not be bothered about calorie count. But then I can’t unlearn that knowledge. Yeah, sometimes I indulge but I make sure I shake it off!



I really want to be an example for my kids, how important self-care is. What so motivating to me is the “pay it forward” part where many of my friends and family have started to follow my lead on living healthy. My sincere hope is that I maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life and hopefully pass it on my addiction love (but I'm really addicted LOL) of living healthy to my children and children’s children (amen)

For me, skinny is not necessary. I would rather be fit and healthy.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment