Thursday 19 February 2015

Recipe: Hot and Spicy Pineapple Smoothie


Good morning FitFam!

I finished working out few hours ago... Walked to the gym»stationary

bike»strength workouts , in that order. I didn't time, I just worked out till I'm soaking wet (probably

stinking LOL) and very exhausted! Who's working out? KILL IT!



LOL wearing makeup to the  gym or during workout is a no no !


Then I re-fuel  with Flo Hot and Spicy Pineapple Slim-down  smoothie


When I  mean  hot, it's really HOT!  I love my food to be very hot and peppery. This smoothie recipe sweet, hot, spicy, slightly pungent and bursting with flavours from the different ground dried spices.


I was first introduced to the spice mix by my mother in-law sometime in 2010. She said the spice mix helps cleanse the body. When I tried it, it was really nice! as for cleansing,  please Google the spices for its health benefits.


All these ingredients with their respective proportions are important for the overall taste and flavour however, the major spice is ginger. I got about 1 mudu ( mudu is a measuring bowl used here where I live, Abuja) with the following quantities of ingredients :

½ mudu of dried ginger
1 cup of cayenne pepper
½ cup of alligator pepper
½ cup of ehuru (African nutmeg)
½ cup of uziza seeds (piper guineese)
½ cup of kanampari (sorry don't know the English name )
1 cup of uda (guinea or African negro pepper)

All these ingredients with their respective proportions are important for the overall taste, flavour and texture of your suya spice. I got 190g of Suya Spice with the following quantities of ingredients - See more at: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/howto/suya-spice.html#sthash.gHjPT048.dpuf


I think gonna name this spice mix, African Allspice. Watcha think? African Allspice can added to hot beverage, tea, pap, stew, just feel free to experiment :)
All these ingredients with their respective proportions are important for the overall taste, flavour and texture of your suya spice. I got 190g of Suya Spice with the following quantities of ingredients - See more at: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/howto/suya-spice.html#sthash.gHjPT048.dpuf

Flo Hot and Spicy Pineapple Slim-down  Smoothie
Ingredients;

2 thick slices of pineapple
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp of honey
1/2 tbsp of African Allspice ( you can reduce or  increase according to how hot you want it)

Add all ingredients in a smoothie blender or blender and blend till smooth.

Please try and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment