Friday 19 August 2016

Fitness Cruch Friday: Chris Zaremba




Chris Zaremba is a fitness success story that everyone can learn from and be motivated by! He went from ‘too fat to too fly’ to a fitness cover model at the age of 50.

Chris was as former software salesman turned personal trainer and mentor to the next generation.  His story is very inspirational by some, and in early 2013.Up to that time, he had done virtually no exercise.

Chris life-changing moment came when doctor told him he was morbidly obese (Body Mass Index of 35) and the same time borderline type-2 diabetic. With a warning from doctor and a desire for change, he embarked on a health and fitness journey that resulted in a nearly complete life change for the better and even lead to his first-place trophy in a fitness competition.

Chris has completed a number of triathlons and marathons. “They were unthinkable when I was 50.” He said. Chris credits his fitness success to regular exercise and sensible eating. “I still enjoy a beer and wine, but I go for quality over quantity. I also follow what I call an ‘EL-EM-EN-TARY’ approach.” 


That’s EL for Eating Less - “I keep up the protein and fibre intake but with a lot less sugar and saturated fats if any.” 

EM is for exercise more. “Get your heart rate up for 20-40 minutes a day,” 

EN is for Extend Nights. “The body’s primary fat burning period is overnight – so I create a 12-hour gap between consuming calories. If I have dinner at 8pm I don’t have breakfast (or any other calories) until 8am.” 

And the TARY? “That’s desired outcome - Towards A Renewed You!”

 “It’s certainly renewed me! I’m fitter at 58 than I was at 28. If I hadn’t starting living better at 50 I may not be here now” Chris Zaremba, during an interview.

 


Chris, now 58, is a personal trainer and fitness consultant. He is also an established author of books and magazine articles on fitness, produces and presents a TV series called ‘Fit Happens’, and is a World Champion in fitness modelling! He has advanced qualifications in Training and Nutrition, and now offers PT and Personal Fitness Consultancy to a range of clients in and outside UK, targeting those in his own age range.


We can all learn from Chris that change is possible and living a much healthier, happier life can start anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment