Monday 13 July 2015

What A Difference One Year Makes




Today I celebrate my 1 year lean-versary and l year 11 months fit-versary! If someone told me years back I can be fit (I don't have any sport background, I'm that lazy! LOL) and or change the way I look aesthetically, I would have laughed so hard and peed on myself.
Pay attention to 2013 image, this was years after I went through depression and I was unhealthy...  


Look at me now, I BUILT THIS! It didn't happen overnight (some of you have seen/ been seeing my pictorial weight loss story [time to time]...). I started working out August 2013 weighing 100kg but 4 months in it no result (Junk + exercise = No results). All I could lose was 1kg (LOL!), it was a little frustrating and even gain more weight. You see, I was at my biggest in 2014 weighing 110kg (if not more) till I stumbled into my now mentors. I dusted myself up and in March 2014, I re-evaluated my lifestyle and started eating healthy. In 3mths plus I saw huge results. Though I wasn't in any group then, I did it my mentors' help, myfitnesspal app and Jillian Michaels app and daily motivation emails, most importantly my loving family. 
 
omg! I'm starting to agree with a friend who said I'm slimmer than I was when single (ref 2007)

Controlling my craving for carb-rich foods one of the reasons I feel I have been so successful in my weight loss. This does not mean I’ve never indulged now and then. I was so determined and disciplined that I stick to my food plan and caloric allowance, and live without high-carb diet until I had lose significant amount of my weight. I haven’t reached my weight and fitness goals but to be frank, I’m no longer concerned in time it will take me to achieve them. I am more concerned in how I feel; I know as long as I keep enjoying the journey (without end) results will surely surface. Gone are the days I used be hard on myself because I wasn’t dropping weight as quick as others or wasn’t good at certain exercise as others but I had to snap out of that mind-set because truth to be told we don’t know what the other person is truly doing anyways. I may fall down (several times) but one thing I know for sure, I will get up eventually. 

I refuse to give up! I have had and have unsupportive others. People often say "you don't have to workout like you do" "stop, you will get too skinny". They see the burn but I see the future! Never allow anyone to put limit on your progress, no one but you can walk/live it for you!  If a 'lazy' me can, yes you can! Forget about how long it will take you and focus everyday on staying consistent and allow subtle & little progress turn into stun-static results. Because you will see, just like me, that all the while it was worth the effort.

Nowadays, some people seem to want it now! Instant! ASAP! Well what do you expect? We live in a world of instant gratification. Focus on your ‘why’ and live in your true purpose. Like my husband used to say “don’t get caught up in what the other person is doing because you just might lose your way”. 

I want you to always believe in yourself and never quit! Success takes time and we are meant to evolve and yes, there are times when/where you will fail but don’t be discouraged because when you work hard and willing to practice and make progress slowly, there is nothing you can’t achieve; Patience is virtue. 

Now whatever it is you want to achieve; come off medication(s), tone-up, lose weight, and train for a race or just lead a healthier lifestyle, NEVER GIVE UP! You haven’t reached your Goal? NEVER GIVE UP!

I hope my message today will motivate you to focus on your goal(s) and never give up.

That said, as people as seen me morph back, they have asked how I achieved these fanta-bulous results. So I’m celebrating my milestones by sharing tips, tricks and lessons learned to help you get there successfully, hopefully.
  • Why.  Why do you want to achieve your goal? You must have some intrinsic or extrinsic reason on the goal you have set.
  • Keep a journal. Use this to keep up with your moods, thoughts, and track your workouts and food. You can track them through book journal or a mobile app like my MyFitnessPal. This will help keep you on track on your goals. 
  • Am I there yet? Accept that it won’t happen over-night.  It’s like the famous quotes, “strive for progress not perfection” and “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it” The difficulty is what makes it great. It may not be hard on you physically all the time, but time management, stress, and emotions may be. Small things make big differences. There is no substitute for consistency.
  • Consistency is key. Do some form of exercise at least once a day even if it is for 15min. “Progress is progress, no matter how small.”
  • Discipline with diet is a must.  But if  any day you fail, balance it with exercise.
  • Work out with people and trainers you like. The gym I use is  the first and only gym I'm registered in, not because of money or how equipped it is but of the trainers support and friendly nature.
  • Create a support or go social! It is much easier to be held accountable if you have friends and family supporting you along the journey. You can also find support outside of your home. There various facebook groups, weight loss forums you can join to help you succeed. Hook up with someone in the group and motivate each other through emails, instant chat or meet-up for lunch or dinner if you live close by.
  • Success! You did it. You have seen results and achieved your goal. What next? SET NEW ONE. Try a new skill, enter a new race or challenge, set new distance, challenge yourself in a different way. Help someone else on his/her own path. Do not stop pushing the limits for yourself. In the great Walt Disney words’, “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
  • Stay positive and most importantly, have fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment