Friday 19 February 2016

Introducing New post: Hairspiration #TeamNautural




I will be posting topics on hair for people of colour like moi, well and other beauty and style stuff  because we fitnessnitas got to like a beauty after training like a beast at the gym *blink blink*


I starting transitioning December 2014 as my got badly damage due to lots of swimming during my weight loss journey and not really taking of  my hair (i must confess, I am bad at that but I'm trying now... so help me God) and made the BIG CHOP around September 2015. 


Natural hair is not easy especially women with coarse, densely packed strands (like mine); 4c. 4c hair curls are tightly kinked with less definition, tighter coily hair that shrinks more than 75% ! Have a trouble spot? The centre of my head seems to be the driest and kinkiest texture.  When you make the decision to go team natural, you’ll have to face some trial and error before you get acquainted with your perfect hair care regimen. You actually experiment with your hair and see how it goes. 

For my regimen, I try to simplify it as much as possible.  I use shampoo that moisturize and help keep my hair detangled, conditioning via deep conditioning and leave-in hair. My hair is "problematic" hair! it does not retain moisture, well 4c don't .  Then I do protective styles  to minimize shredding though I'm still struggling styling the hair itself as doesn't seems retain styles or keep 'form'. 

Thus, I will be posting natural glamorousness time to time here for women with 'type 4' hair.

Celebrities With 4c Hair:
  • Lupita Nyong'o
  • Viola Davis
  • India Arie
  • Erykah Badu
  • Ajuma Nasenyana

Type 4 Social Media Gurus
Read More About Coily Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment