Wednesday 10 June 2015

Recipe: Coconut Chicken Curry with Red Bell Pepper



Hello beauties! I know it's been long been long I posted healthy recipe... I have loads to share but been so busy, I will definitely share.

Today I made lunch for hubby, well I had some though I intend to eat something else as I have been trying to curb my carb intake lately but couldn't resist it because it was so delicious! Yeah! I give in sometimes, I'm human... hehehe
So by popular demand for the recipe, here's it.

Sauce without the chicken is 56calories (per serving for 6 people) but product used may differ...

You will neeed...


1tbsp tomato paste aka tin tomato
1tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp canola oil
1 meduim red onions
2 tbsp curry powder
4 tbsp unsweetened coconut cream powder reconstituted with 1cup of water
1 red chili bell pepper or tatashe
Dash of pepper flakes
Garlic clove or 1tsp garlic powder
Drizzle of honey (optional)
Spring onion for garnishing
500g Chicken cut it into shred piece, chunk or large cut.
1/2 chicken bullion cube
Salt to taste

Direction:


In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion and bell pepper in the oil until soft.

Add the chicken, garlic and spices, sauté for about 2 minutes then add ketchup and tomato paste.

Stir fry another 2 mins, season with salt and pepper. Add the coconut milk and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat.

Simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.

 Adjust the seasoning. Serve with basmati rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment